7.08.2004

whiny post #1

life seems to be a lot more hectic lately, and i can only attribute this to my new promotion. hopefully, after a few months of struggle, things will become easier and it will all be worth it. right now, one of my colleagues is in germany for 2 weeks and I have also been left with his tasks. talk about stressed out.

i'm doing really well on smoking. you guys should be proud of me. i haven't completely beat it yet... but i'm giving it a damn good shot. i went 3 days without smoking a single cigarette, but the physical withdrawal didn't end after 3 days and I had to go back to school/work. on tuesday I had one, yesterday i had three, and today i've had two cigarettes. that's down from about 25 cigarettes a day, without any chemical assistance. i know that i'm going to have to stop having those here and there if i ever want to beat it, but my situation at work and school at the moment doesn't really create the best environment for completely kicking an addiction. i'll beat it, though.

most of my readers are older than me, so maybe you can help me out here... when you were in school, did you ever feel like you were always putting life off? i always feel like I'm making excuses like... "i'll be able to be more happy after school" or "i'll be able to have a girlfriend after school" or "i'll be able to figure out what i want to do with my life after school"... this just seems a bit backwards. i feel like i should be figuring out exactly what i want to do with my life and THEN going to school in the way that will best support my goals, not the other way around. it seems like with all the deadlines (work & school) and time in class and time at work and time studying that i don't ever really have time to consider figuring these things out. whenever i do have free time, i'm usually so tired that i just want to sit in a catatonic state. i don't ALWAYS feel this way, but i have noticed a pattern of frequently returning to these thoughts over the last few years.

sorry for all the whining... i'm not depressed or anything, just thinking.